Saturday 19 February 2011

SAW Artists Spotlight - Corrina Rothwell


Hello! I'm Corrina Rothwell and I'm a digital artist and illustrator based in Nottingham. Originally I'm from Rochdale, Lancashire. I've been in Nottingham for, oh blimey, I can't remember how long.
I've been working digitally for nearly two years now - before that I was a textile artist and created my images using free embroidery on a sewing machine. Although there was a 'gosh that's clever' aspect to the work which made it appealing to people, it certainly lost its appeal to me after 14 years of doing it. I had a 'look' in mind for my pictures which wasn't achievable on a sewing machine.
When I say I work 'digitally', I mean that I use a graphics tablet and stylus to draw my images straight onto the computer. I then have the images printed either on greetings cards or as prints to frame and hang.
I'm currently working on new designs for my own cards and Black Olive publishing have recently added six more of my designs to their range.
Plans for this year include SOCK, an art and craft selling event in Loughborough and a group exhibition at Urban Outfitters in Manchester.
I am also looking forward to having an illustrated recipe printed in a new cookbook being published in the US in autumn (or should I say 'fall'?).
Please visit my website at www.corrinarothwell.co.uk for the latest news and to buy cards and prints, and to subscribe to the mailing list.

No comments: